September Spotlight

 





     September Spotlight 

     Alison Parramore



1). Tell us a little about yourself.
 
I’m a 44 year old adult with SB and I’m not letting SB stop me from living.

2). What are your favorite hobbies? 

Greeting card making

3). What are you currently doing or working towards?  What are some of your current goals?  (Current job, dream job, education, etc.) 

High School graduate, some college and I realized it wasn’t for me, so I found a job with the Army Air Force Exchange as an office assistant in the Logistics Dept.

4). What are some of your earliest Spina Bifida related memories? (SBANT events, conferences, camp, doctors, meeting other kids with SB, etc)

Bowlathons, camp days/weeks,

5). What have been some of your greatest challenges in life?

Driving, but I’ve accomplished that task, -Learning to cath myself, but have mastered that as well.

6). What are some of your greatest strengths? How do you think your challenges have shaped your strengths? 

Compassion for others, wanting someone new to group to feel welcome

7). Who was your favorite doctor or nurse that has had a lasting impact on you? 

Dr Adams, Toni (Scottish Rite nurse)

8). Do you have any funny stories from doctor appointments or hospital stays? 

One of my first appts with Dr Adams, I found out that he was part of my family in an extended way. His wife is the sister of one of my aunts on my dad’s side of the family.

9). What have you found in common with others with Spina Bifida? 

We can all relate in one way or another and we can share our stories with the younger group.

10). As an adult with Spina Bifida, what would be your best piece of advice for someone young?

 Once you find a dr you like, stick with that doctor while you can.

11). If there was one thing you could tell the world, what would it be? 

When you set your mind to something, don’t stop striving for victory.



Comments